Getting Started with Weight Loss Surgery:
Congratulations on your choice to start the bariatric surgery process. Now that you are ready to begin, here’s what we’d like you to do:
1. See if bariatric surgery is right for you. If you are unsure if you qualify please contact us.
2. Sign up for our next free bariatric surgery seminar.
3. Download and print the new patient packet. When you have received your packet, take time to fill it out completely and accurately. The packet includes a cover letter from our Financial Administrator with tips to ensure that we have all the information that we will need from you. Accuracy in these forms will help us schedule your consultation date efficiently. Once you have completed the packet, please mail it back to our office:
Healthy Steps Bariatric and Metabolic Center
2455 Bennett Valley Rd., C-116
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
4. Check with your health insurance provider to ensure that bariatric surgery is covered under your policy.
Please Note: Often your insurance provider will require you to have a prior authorization from your primary care provider before your initial consultation at Healthy Steps.
You may receive a denial for your initial consultation. If this occurs: don’t despair! Call the member services phone number on your insurance card and APPEAL the denial decision. This is generally sufficient to get you started.
5. Talk to other patients who have undergone the procedure, or check other information sources and websites to become better informed about what is involved with weight-reduction surgery. We invite you to attend our local Bariatric Support Group meeting prior to your decision to undergo weight loss surgery. Please click here for information about local support groups.